In the new special, the world’s greatest bionic detective is back and more bumbling than ever. With his niece, Penny, who’s now sixteen and even more devoted to Gadget than before, and Penny’s dog, Brain, who is still smarter than Gadget could ever hope to be, the Inspector protects Metro City from the heinous machinations of the evil Dr. Claw and his incompetent minions on one hand, and the lunacy of its deranged Mayor on the other. Metro City’s Mayor misguidedly buys a thawed, prehistoric Giant Flying Lizard egg to attract tourists. Inspector Gadget must save the pricey egg when Doctor Claw steals it and then save Metro City--and the entire world--when it hatches!
- According to this movie, Gadget can survive without his body and his eyes can pop out. This also means that Gadget is now fully robotic, if this could be considered canon.
- This is the last time where Maurice LaMarche voices Gadget.
- This was supposed to be the first in a series of animated Inspector Gadget films, but due to poor reception from fans and bad sales, they scrapped production.
- The original title was Inspector Gadget Saves the Day...Maybe.
- This is the last Inspector Gadget production to be made by DiC.